Sunday, December 21, 2008

New project: Battle Pong

Finaly, I can post something about this big new project that I talk about for 2 weeks. Now finaly I started on it.

First of all the concept.
I want to make a game that can be played by 4 player. The original pong was played by 2 players. That is because, at school it is funny to play a game between the brakes with 4 players.

So today I started coding. I made a decision that I will code in multilple source files because allredy with "Slot Robber" it was sometimes hard to find a piece of code and change it because it was in 1 cpp file. And let me say this, using multiple source files is a pain in the ass. I really don't know why it has to be so complicated with headers and all. Couldn't it just be that you whrite something and then there is the cope pasted from a other file. I had the tutorial and the site the whole time open when I was doing this, because it was really hard. Well I will get used to it because projects will only get bigger.

I don't have any pictures to post because till now it is only code. So here is a "picture" drawed in paint how it will probably look like ( i think ), but I will probaly change a lot.



That is how the most basic thing that need to be done. I will probably make a menu to chose 2 or 4 players. I hope I will implement a particle engine so it will sparkle behind the ball and maybe some powerups. But that is all extras.

Tommorow I will probably post some images of things done.

The timeline in which I want to finish to complete this game.
It is 5.1.2009, that is when holidays are over and school is back. The holidays begin in 3 days so (Chrismas) so I will have over 2 weeks to finish this. That is a lot of time if I will work like I shud. So probably all those extrass will be implemented and more.

Blog you tommorow.

No comments:

Post a Comment