Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A successful weekend

A year has passed and we have visited our capital city to participate in the programming tournament again.

The tournament was held on Saturday in Ljubljana at the institute of Jožef Štefan (IJS). Our school organized the trip and we arrived there sometime in the morning. The competition started at 10 AM till 1 PM. There ware 4 groups as always: 3 difficulty stages where you had to solve tasks with programming and 1 group where you had to build a website.

I joined the 2nd group of programmers. It isn’t the hardest one but we didn’t have any real preparations for the tournament so it was better that I went into the 2nd group. We had to solve 5 problems using any of the more known languages (C,C++, Python, Java, C#, …). The website team had to build a pong game out of basic HTML using divs and JavaScript.

After the competition ended we had to wait till later for the results. A few talks were held to shorten the wait time.

The results (Slovenian link) were in and I was 4th with 86 points out of 100. I’m really happy with that. I won an 60 GB SSD drive and I plan to switch my OS drive today. A friend of mine (Vito Meznarič (Slovenian blog)) was 1st in website development.

I would call that a successful day.

In other news: I made a new video log few days ago and haven’t posted it here yet. Sometime it takes some days for me to post…

 

For those who are not in the mood to watch the video, here is a picture of the current state of my small Box2D framework.

boxtest

I added collision sensors, filtering and ignoring into it. Most of the framework is done I only have to fix some rendering things and maybe add joins but I don’t think that I will need them so I probably won’t add them yet.

And that is all for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment