Saturday, April 2, 2011

Some info about month 2 and 3

Good morning on this nice spring day. I hope you had a nice April fools day :)

Now let's get some info out about what I've been doing in February and March. The first thing you have noticed is that I haven't released any game. I said that I won't release one in February but it seams that March was also kinda busy. But I was working on many things that just weren't games. First of all, in February I programmed a minesweeper solver for a national programming competition. I won the 3rd place and I am happy about it because before me were only college pupils. It was a great success which brought me a nice and fancy new mouse.



I was also on some other competitions and I still have some to go. We'll see how it goes.

The next thing I am working on is the Let's make a game video series. Which I think is going pretty well for now. I'm happy how it turned out. It's also nice because I get a lot of positive feedback from my videos. So stay tuned in for the next episode today or tomorrow.

I am also working on something gaming related and that is my own framework that I will use on my next big project. The framework isn't anything that fancy but after I have collected together everything from my projects and made some extra things it'll be very simple to use to get the basic game (C++ SDL/OpenGL) up and running. I just want to make some of the rendering, image working, sound etc. a little simplified. I think that every game programmer makes his own little framework when the time comes.

And that's all I have to say for now. A new game will maybe come in April but nothing big. Maybe the framework will be released. But I am starting out with a big project that is going to take some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment