And it has been a somewhat busy one.
The project: SM
The game is nearing completion. The level editor and the actual game is complete. The only thing missing is the menu, which should not be a big problem, an end game and saving the players progress. I also have to add some sound effects and some background music. And then it’s done. So that is all together about 1 or 2 days of work, few hours each.
As I said in the video I had to revamp some things I used from my framework. As I told before I’m not using my whole framework for this project only some small functions. The cause is because I would need to document then everything and that is something I don’t want to do. I fixed the font rendering system because it was working really slow. That’s because I was using texture fonts. Now that I switched to pixmap fonts it works much much faster.
I will add the changes to the framework when this game is done. I will probably add the animation system I’m currently using. But I don’t want to work on the framework currently so that will only be a small fix.
I have holidays next week and I hope that I will find the time to create videos for the course I’m working too. Now that this project is nearing completion I want to focus on the next one.
So here is a song for next week:
Have a nice day.