Friday, September 7, 2012

Some general new information

Hello again. This is just going to be a short post with some information and a new video.

Last two months

I actually tell this in the video already, but my blog is primary, so here it goes again.

For the last two months I have been doing completely nothing computer/programming based. July and August are a games only month for me on the computer, at least for the past few years. I am not proud of it, but my roots are still in the gaming community, and I enjoy every moment. Nothing else really to say here, so for fun I will just give you this summers game check list: completed Sleeping Dogs, lots of La-Mulana, got from zero to max level in Age of Empires Online, replayed all Half-Lives (except 1, waiting for Black Mesa) with the crazy achievements, lots of TF2 and Diablo 3, got to complete Beyond Good & Evil, and played a lot of other games like CoH, Dota2, L4D2, Mount & Blade, Deponia, + random stuff.

Also I’m always open for online play, so feel free to contact me for a game :)

Free course

As I said before, the course on Udemy will be free sometime in the future and I won’t talk about it until it does. And now it’s the time. If you wanted to take the course but didn’t want to pay for it then check it out here for free

Current plans

I’m currently working on a new framework. I’m combining all the lessons I learned from before to make a final framework that I can use to develop games. The “framework” uses SDL, SDL_Image, OpenGL, FTGL, Freetype2, irrKlang, Box2D and GLEW. I’m not planning to add networking (never did any networking) or a scripting language like LUA. It’s going to be modulated, so you will be able to select what you want to use, and still have decent features. I’m going to put it on GitHub when it’s ready.

So that is about it for this post. Here is the video where I talked about this really quick.

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment